This banana cake has been an all time favorite at my old blog. It is semi-healthy because of the many bananas that substitutes the amount of butter, that should have been used to get this addictive and completely I-will-eat-it-all-if-you-don’t-take-it-away consistency. It’s easy!
Let’s start cooking that amazing banana cake of mine.
All you need is
- 180 g flour – you could go crazy and add a bit of rye flour for taste and texture
- 180 g sugar
- 3 eggs – free range or organic
- 3 large bananas or 4 small, mashed
- 90 g salted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt – cakes need salt!
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- approx. 50 g chocolate for garnish, chopped – maybe a mixture of light, dark and white
And then you do like this
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy. The longer you do it, the lighter the texture will be at the end.
- Beat the eggs into the sugar-butter-mass one at a time.
- Sift flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar and salt into the mixture and fold gently with a spatula.
- Add the mashed bananas and chopped chocolate in the dough too.
- Grease a round baking pan (diameter approx. 22 cm = 8,5″), pour in the batter and bake the cake in the middle of the oven at 200 C degrees (390 F degrees) for 40-70 minutes. depending on your oven. The cake should be fairly firm when you poke at it in the middle. As soon as the cake is done you put the chopped chocolate over the cake so that it can melt from the heat. Let the cake cool in the baking pan.
I know you feel like eating it right away, BUT CONTROL YOURSELF and wait at least 30 minutes! It will be worth it – and besides, then you’ll have time to run down and get some vanilla ice cream to enjoy with the cake. Mouth orgasm all the way.